Experiment #1 …. Sautéed Bananas with Cinnamon Crema wrapped in Strawberry Sheets
2/3 cup strawberry juice
1 package (2 grams) Agar Agar
1. Mix 2/3 cup strawberry juice and 2 grams of Agar Agar in a sauce pan. If you feel the need to add a little something extra, like edible glitter, go ahead… I did 🙂
2. Bring to a boil (stirring frequently), then pour a small amount across a plate or serving dish with a large surface space. Tilt the plate so that the liquid spreads out across the surface with a thin coat.
3. Set aside for 15 minutes.
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Crema Mexicana
- Slice the banana in half both vertically and horizontally, creating 4 pieces.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except Crema Mexicana) in a frying pan and heat until beginning to bubble.
- Place the banana quarters, peel side up, onto the pan.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
Cut the strawberry sheets into 4 squares. Remove the bananas from the peel and place on a strawberry sheet. Drizzle the Crema Mexicana around the banana then wrap the sheet to surround. Garnish with mint leaf or Guava Vodka Caviar (see next recipe)!
CONCLUSION: Make your sheets thin. My first batch was too thick and split when I tried to wrap them.